I am badly, badly addicted to the Internet. Or, arguably, I am addicted to reading. I have spent literally about sixteen hours today mainlining words off news sites, Reddit, wikis, and anything else I can find, with occasional breaks to play stupid phone games (and sometimes slightly intelligent phone games, as if that's better.) This habit is why I am the worst person in the world. I have been addicted to reading since I learned to read, pretty much.
Things I am avoiding right now:
- providing extremely simple $workthing to $colleague1 who has been waiting for it for three weeks
- providing marginally more complicated $workthing to $colleague2 who has been waiting for it for three *months*
- paying bills
- booking plane tickets for Christmas
- booking hotels for $conference
- booking plane tickets for $businesstrip
- making an appointment with my new personal trainer
- sending out invites for a board game night
- turning in 2 weeks of timesheets
- probably a bunch of other shit because I am the worst person in the world
I DID manage to make an appointment to get $medicalprocedure done. That is a thing I have been putting off for ages and I did it today, so go me.
Tomorrow perhaps if I put my mind to it I can book plane tickets for $businesstrip and finish $simpleworkthing. TBH, though, I should probably think smaller. Can I open up the travel website? Can I copy and paste some numbers from one file to another for $workthing? Can I successfully spend five minutes alone with my thoughts?
Tune in next time. Or don't. I advise don't.